If you’re struggling with debt problems – one of our partners will be able to assess your situation to help you to access the most appropriate type of help. To find your local service, please click here.

Below are some links to other places you can find support:

Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service is  a free, impartial advice service helping people to  manage their money.

Money Advice Trust

The Money Advice Trust (MAT) gives free, independent debt advice across the UK through telephone and online advice services. MAT also provides training and resources to organisations who come into contact with people in debt.


PayPlan help people resolve their debt problems by providing free debt advice and a wide range of practical, long-term debt solutions – including Debt Management Plans and Individual Voluntary Arrangements. These solutions enable people to repay their debt and plan for a better future. You can contact PayPlan using the link above or by calling 0808 278 1282 (Freephone) between 8am–8pm Mon to Fri or between 9am–3pm on Saturdays.


StepChange is a charity which helps people who are in debt through online and telephone services. You can call StepChange on 0800 138 1111 between 8.00AM and 8.00PM Monday-Friday and between 8.00AM and 4.00PM on Saturdays or on their website using the link above.

National Debt Line

National Debtline is a free and confidential debt advice service run by the Money Advice Trust for people in England, Scotland and Wales. To contact National Debtline, you can webchat with an adviser using the link given above, or call 0808 808 4000 between 9am-8pm Monday to Friday or between 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.


Other places you can go for help and/or information include:

Tax Aid

TaxAid is an organisation which helps people on low incomes when they have difficulties with their tax affairs.

Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman is the UK’s official expert for sorting out problems with financial services.

Business Debt Line

Business Debtline is a free debt advice service run by the Money Advice Trust for self-employed people and small businesses in England, Scotland and Wales.

Financial Conduct Authority

The FCA is a conduct regulator for financial services firms and financial markets in the UK.

Legal Aid Agency

The Legal Aid Agency provides civil and criminal legal aid and advice in England and Wales. The LAA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Ministry of Justice.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice is a national organisation which provides advice on a range of issues including debt, benefits and tax credits, housing, employment and consumer issues.


Latest News

Keep up to date with the latest from East Midlands Money Advice Partnership.